If you want to eat for long-term health, lowering inflammation is crucial. Here are 11 food rules to follow from Dr. Gary Kaplan (Mindbodygreen.com )
- Consume at least 25 grams of fiber every day.
- Eat a minimum of nine servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Eat four servings of both alliums and crucifers every week.
- Limit saturated fat to 10 percent of your daily calories.
- Consume foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eat fish at least three times a week.
- Use oils that contain healthy fats.
- Eat healthy snacks twice a day.
- Avoid processed foods and refined sugars.
- Cut out trans fats
- Sweeten meals with phytonutrient-rich fruits, and flavor foods with spices.