Burpee challenge is still in progress. We started with 66 members and through the months people have dropped out for various reasons, so mow we are down to 7 people.
100 Day Burpee Challenge. Began Wednesday, October 1st, by doing one burpee on day one and adding one each day until we get to 100 burpees on the 100th day!
1. Use Burgener’s burpee standards for form (see examples below)
2. You can complete each day’s burpees all at once, or broken up and done at different times throughout the day
3. If for some reason you miss a day, you have to make up all the missed burpees the following day
4. If you don’t start the challenge with us today, you can “buy-in” at any time by doing ALL the missed day’s burpees on your first day
5. Any burpees you complete during your regular workout can count towards that day’s Challenge burpees, if you want them to
5. Have fun doing burpees and getting stronger doing it!
Burpee Challenge Form Standards:
* Start with hands on the ground in front of your feet. Keep your back straight.
* Kick feet out behind you into the top of the push-up portion of the burpee. Your body should be straight and tight in a flat plank.
* Lower your body into the lowest part of a push-up. Your chest and thighs should ultimately touch the ground at the same time. Remember to keep your whole body, especially your midline, tight. While throwing your
body on the ground and therefore touching both chest and thighs to the ground is acceptable by some standards, we feel that more is to be gained from doing a strict push-up in this Challenge.
* Push up into the top of the push-up position again. Five 71308_030 Jump your feet up to your hands into your starting position. Six 71308_028 Jump into the air and clap your hands overhead so that your ear is
exposed in front of your arms. Your feet should leave the ground.
Standards are from CrossFit Santa Cruz
Come on and join the fun, you will gain so much strength from this. It will keep you motivated over Christmas time to not slack off on your training!
There will be prizes for those who complete the Challenge.
Join my online forum to record your training journal and burpee experience
Burpee Contestant Update:
1. Deanna Whiteley
2. Sandy Raven
3. Dave Gilbert
4. Tara Granberg
5. Debbie Lee
6. Tara Zajac
7. Stephanie Shannon