Some of the Gang at the end of Canada West CrossFit Regionals in 2011
Calling all Competitors!!!!
We are rallying up for a meeting next Wednesday, December the 7th at 7:30pm. This meeting is for anyone that is interested in competing in the CrossFit Open, which begins on February 22, 2012.
Who should come?
- Anyone who wants to take CrossFit to the next level… CrossFit is a Sport!
- Anyone interested in competing on the CrossFit Zone team when we make it to Regionals, and then the CrossFit Games in California!
- Anyone that is interested in seeing how they place in Canada West as an individual amongst 100’s of athletes in Canada West, and 1000’s of athletes in the World!
- Anyone that wants to help our team get to Regionals! The top 3 male and female scores from each workout go towards helping our team make the cut.
- Anyone who has a special skill that they think will help the team out.
In this meeting we will be discussing the road leading up to the CrossFit Open, the format of the CrossFit Open, how to train during the CrossFit Open, High Performance training sessions, and how to stay healthy, mobile, and injury free before then.
For more information about the CrossFit Games, check out: http://games.crossfit.com/
WHO`S COMING? Post to the comments if you can make it.
Buy In – Split Jerk Tech 5 x 3 (gradually increase weight each set, max of 70% max).
- Focus on proper technique: tall chest, quick dip and drive, speed under bar, split legs equal distance, back leg’s knee under hips, stand up out of split with full control).
- Team up with someone of similar height and use a rack.
- 10 minute time cap, followed by 10 minutes to warmup to workout weight
WOD – Row – Thruster
Here is a wod that we did on Dec. 15. 2010 originally from .com, so here is your .com day! This is a fun one. It is heavy and will be a longer workout depending on how much load you use on the thruster. You can check out the videos on .com of some of the top athletes beasting through it. Have fun team!
5 Rounds for time:
- 500M Row
- 7 Thrusters (95lbs/135)
Zone 4: scale thrusters to 75/115
Zone 3: scale thrusters to 65/95
Zone 2: scale thrusters to 45/65
Zone 1: scale as needed
Cash Out- MWOD #15