It is not just my Birthday today, it is Earth Day!
Check out these tips to do your part to help the earth:
- Reduce Water: Turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth and take a shower with a friend 😉
- Reduce Carbon: You may as well get a workout and reduce carbon emissions by riding a bike, running, walking or rollerblading for transportation.
- Save Energy: Open the curtains to let the day light in, and turn the lights of when you leave a room.
- Recycle: Take a look at your garbage before you through it out. Maybe it is recyclable!
- Increase O2: Plant a tree
Today’s workout is in response to Earth Day. Let’s create as much energy as possible! Intensity is power output. Our workouts can literally be measured in horse power. Force times distance, divided by time, is the definition of power.
If a 200lb man was able to complete 60 squats in 1 minute, he will travel approximately 120 feet while doing the squats.
Force x Distance / Time = Power
200lb x 120 feet / 1 = 24,000 foot pounds per minute
***** 1 Horse Power = 33,000 foot pounds per minute *****
That is close to 1 HORSE POWER! That is a lot of Power! How much power can your team create in this workout???
“Partner Tabata FGB”
- Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
- Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
- Box Jump: 20″ box (Reps)
- Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
- Row: calories (Calories)
You will do each exercise with your partner, you must stay in synchrony for each rep. If it is not done together the rep does not count. Make sure to communicate while doing the reps so that you can stay together. The workout will be scored with the lowest amount of reps that you did together in the team.