~ by Andy Petranek
1. Prepare your mind. Remember that food and alcohol are not required for a good time or celebration. If you think this, you’ve conditioned yourself to believe it. Head to your party with the intention of having a GREAT time… and NOT pigging out.
2. Spend 10 minutes researching WLC compliant snacks that you could bring with you to the party.
3. Before you leave for the party, eat a BIG WLC compliant meal, to ensure you’re not hungry once you get there.
4. Make your water interesting. Water goes a long way toward filling you up while hydrating your body. That doesn’t mean that drinking it has to be boring. Here are some things you can do to spice it up.
a) Drink (or make at home) fizzy water
b) Add lemon, lime or fresh cucumber to your water to give it more of an interesting and refreshing taste.
5. Go in with a plan, and stick to it. Don’t try to be perfect, when your plan was to give up 1 – 5 points. Go ahead, let yourself off the hook, loosen your collar, enjoy it with no shame or guilt. And know that you’ll be back to it the next day!
Photo credit – www.cookingchanneltv.com