1. How did you find CrossFit?
A friend introduced me to CrossFit Zone before she moved away to New Zealand
2. What is your favourite CrossFit Exercise or WOD?
3. How long have you been CrossFitting for?
Started CrossFit at the end of August 2009 and took just over a month off due to family issues
4. What do you do for a living?
Currently I’m a LPN, and am going back to school in May for the career firefighter program at the Justice Institute of BC in Maple Ridge
5. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy outdoor activities, hiking, swimming, climbing, camping, hockey, and figure skating
6. What are your goals?
My goals are to succeed at school and become the first female, on the floor firefighter in Greater Victoria area. I am always pushing myself harder, and trying to increase my strength. I would like to reach every one of the men’s lowest weights on the leaderboard!
7. Why do you CrossFit?
I do CrossFit to increase my strength and endurance. I initially started CrossFit as I knew I was needing more strength to become a firefigher.
8. Any Advice for future CrossFitters?
Never give up and always push through. With difficulty lies opportunity, so stay focused and you can accomplish anything!
Buy In – Muscle – up practice – use modifications as necessary to get 10-16 total muscle ups. If you have a few muscle ups in a row, try to string them together.
WOD – Saturday Surprise
this is a two-part WOD:
- Work up to a heavy 1 rep deadlift over 6 sets but stop when you cannot keep proper back posture within an acceptable range (coach’s discretion).
- Repetitions in 10 minutes of: run from doorway of gym to edge of sidewalk and back, 1 length of gym 2 leg broad jumps, 6 plank get-ups (total score per round is 9 – 2 for the out and back run, 1 for the broad jumps, 6 for the plank getups).
Add both of your scores together for your overall total!
Cash Out – FTL yoga