As most of you Zoners may already know Crossfit Squamish will be hosting the British Columbia Sectional Qualifier for the 2010 CrossFit Games. So far we have Sean Falconer, Lucas Parker, Krista Kitson, Kendall Hardy, Steve Soley, Cam Birtwell and Deanna Whiteley competing. If I have missed anyone, I am sorry. if you would like to compete, please register ASAP! This is going to be a fun and competitive event. We welcome all Zoners to come and cheer us on at the event. You will have to register as a spectator as well, and there is limited space available.
Please see the information below!
– the BC Sectional will take place on March 27th-28th in the gymnasium at Quest University in Squamish
– all athletes, spectators, guest, and volunteers must be registered via the link above; a closing date for registration has not yet been set
– we are hoping to see not just the very best CrossFitters that our province has to offer but any solid CrossFitters interested in competing
– best bet for accommodations in Squamish is the Mountain Retreat Hotel (604-815-0883); rooms vary in price from $99-$145 (say your with CrossFit for this discount), I’d recommend booking sooner than later.
– all money received by us will be put towards the Sectional, we have no intention of turning a profit and are only hoping to host a great event and pay back to the CrossFit community a little of what we have gotten out of it.
– an event like this leans heavily on the good will of volunteers (notably very good judges). If you would like to judge or volunteer please register as such, and send me an email stating that. Preference will be given to experienced level 1 and 2 coaches.
– we are also hoping to lean on some local gyms for equipment. We’ll be looking for all your standard CrossFit gear. If you could help out with this, please send me an email and we’ll be in touch.
– from the Sectional Qualifier 15 men and 15 women will continue on to compete at the Regional level in Calgary (May 29th-30th)
– from the Regionals 6 men and 6 women will move on to compete in California this summer
– in the next month the games site should have the ability for us to post updates and important information regarding our event. stay tuned.
If you have any questions or comments please contact me. We look forward to seeing you in Squamish on March 27th-28th
We are also putting in an Affiliate team for the CrossFit Games, regionals are being held in Calgary May 29th – 30th. If you are interested in being a part of this please let the coaches know. We will be holding in gym competitions to put the team together closer to the Regionals. Please see below for more information.
At the Regional level, an Affiliate Team must consist of a minimum of four to a maximum of six athletes. The team needs to have a minimum of two men and two women. All members of the team must actively train at the same facility, which does not have to be an official CrossFit affiliate gym.
For more information on the Affiliate team, see link http://games2010.crossfit.com/affiliatecup/
double unders (30s)
Zone 2: Assisted Pullups
Zone 1: Assisted Pullups, single skips (divide your total by 3)
Cash-out: Count your reps, log your numbers in MyFranTime.com!
20 to 30 min tempo or hill run or rest day
Please post in the comments when and where you are doing your run if you would like people to join you!
100 Day Burpee Challenge:
Burpees today: 52