We miss you Will and Bonnie!
Happy New Year Zoners!
We are adding another fun aspect to the Programming. We are going to choose one skill per month or some type of measurable challenge to improve your technique and strength on. We will be testing the skill at the beginning of the month and the end of the month to measure the improvement. If you don’t make it in to the gym the day that we test the movement, make sure to come in early or stay later after class to test the skill. You may see the movement occur a little more frequently in the month than you are used to, or we could be strengthening the movement in a way that you did not even know 😉
If you have any requests for February, get them in now. If there are enough requests for the same movement, you may be able to twist my strong but rubber arm 😉
January’s skill is the Pushup!
I know we can all get stronger that the pushup. How many times has this movement been holding you back in the middle of the WOD when you are lungs are burning, and your arms feel like they are going to fall off?
Zone Games 6 Announcement:
- Sunday, January 22nd (all day)
- Registration forms are in the front lobby!
- All other classes cancelled
- Back to regular class schedule tomorrow: Tuesday, January 3
Buy In – Max Pushups
- Requirements: chest (not belly button) and thighs to deck and full extension at the top
- Keep a solid plank, no worming
- Keep a consistant cadence, no resting on the top
WOD – “Helen”
3 Rounds for time:
- 400M run
- 21 Kettlebell Swings (35/55lbs)
- 12 Pullups
Zone 2 – assisted pullups, scale kbs to 20/35
Zone 1 – scale as needed
* if the weather is nasty outside, sub rowing in for the run
Cash Out – MWOD 41
Mwod: 2 min each leg on the Hammie/Hurdler Stretch
4min each leg mashing the crap out of your quad bits (if it’s a little intense just stroke the furry walls)