Do you want to win a free Reebok Tshirt?
It is easy…
Let us know what your greatest PR of 2011 was at CrossFit Zone
How do I win a T-shirt?
- Go to the CrossFit Zone fan page – https://www.facebook.com/crossfitzone
- Click Share photo
- Upload Photo
- Where it says “say something about the photo” – write your greatest PR of 2011
- Copy the link location of the photo
- Post on your Facebook page
- Ask all your friends and family to “Like” your photo
Who every gets the most “Likes” will win a new Reebok Zone shirt for their CrossFit gear.
How do I enter the contest if I don’t have a Facebook account?
Post to the comments section of this post and get as many “Likes” that way.
Deadline: All photos must be posted by Wednesday, January 11 – 7:30pm
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
High Performance Update:
Come join us for our 1st HP session of 2012 at 7:30pm! Bring in any fun wods that you have found to add to the bucket.
Buy In – Widow Makers – 20 Rep Back Squat. Do a few warmup up sets to get close to your starting weight.
What is a Widow Maker? It is a 20 rep back squat with a very challenging weight. After a few repetitions, you think that you will not be able to complete 20 reps.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Stay tight – your poor form will surely degrade with such high reps.
- Take two or three breaths between reps. You’ll need the oxygen, this isn’t a sprint. If you can rip these reps off, then the weight you choose is too light. These sets can take as long as three minutes to finish.
- I’ll say it again – stay tight. The upper body will be working crazy hard to keep the midline stable while trying to support the weight and fill the lungs with air.
- These will be a lesson in mental stamina. First of all you are doing a set of twenty with a weight you should only be able to do for ten (which is hard to wrap your head around).
- Plus, two and half to three minutes is a long time to have that weight on your back, it gives that voice in your head plenty of time to talk you out of your next rep.
- Keep focus through out the entire set. Convince yourself you will not quit.
- Keep spotters close.
Find a partner and make a team name (your choice of theme)
Both you and your partner will complete the following rowing distances for time in relay format (i.e. one person goes then the next):
- 100, 200, 300, 400, 500m
Zone 1: scale as needed!
GAMES PREP: Partner up and go back down the pyramid (100-500 then 500-100 right after).
Cash Out -MWOD 44
Mwod: Test: shin compression pitting edema test.
2 min each side air plane crash victim
2 min triceps stretch
2 min internal rotation against the wall