There has been some talk around the gym about the upcoming Holiday Throwdown. Do you want to join in? As soon as we know who is registered, we will pick a time to “Throwdown”!
- Individual athletes – open to everyone (cash & prizes)
- Scaling is allowed – not eligible for cash prizes
Where and When:
- Affiliate gyms worldwide. Compete anywhere and post your results!
- Get the WOD 9:00 a.m. PST December 15th and POST YOUR RESULTS by 5:00 p.m. PST December 19th
- $7 / individual participant
There is no registration due date on the website, but I am guessing that you can register up until December15th when the workouts are released.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the previous post on it: https://crossfitzonex.com/holiday-throwdown
Buy In – Overhead Squat 3 , 3, 3, 1, 1, 1 reps
- Warm up to heavy 3 reps then begin sets, adding weight each set, try for a heavy 1 rep if familiar with movement.
- Keep a solid core through the lift
- Focus on pulling the bar apart with your arms to keep the elbows locked out
WOD – “The Yeti”
- 750 m row
- 21 KB Swing (35/55lbs)
- 21 Mountain Climbers
- 500m row
- 15 KB Swing
- 15 Mountain Climbers
- 250m row
- 9 KB Swing
- 9 Mountain Climbers
Zone 3: Scale kb 20/35
Zone 2: scale row to 600M, 350M, 150M
Zone 1: scale as needed
Games Prep: 55/70lb
Cash Out – MWOD 23 –
Test: Leg Straight, eyeball your dorsiflexion (don’t let your knee bend)
MWod: 2 Min of loaded ankle mobility work done before your training. If you are performing the Mwod not in the same hour as jumping, go ahead and squat the whole five minutes. If you are doing the squat before training, only 2 min. Save the balance for POST jumping/training.