Just a reminder about the Zone class hours this weekend! As you know, the majority of the Zone Coaches are heading over to Vancouver for the CrossFit Games Regional Qualifiers the weekend of May 27th – 29th. Unfortunately, this affects our available Coaching staff, and thus the class schedule will be changed for this weekend.
Thursday, May 26th
-Morning classes will be running as usual. There will ONLY be a 4:30 p.m class on Thursday evening. The 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. classes are CANCELLED.
Friday, May 27th
– The 9:30am & 12:15pm classes will be CANCELLED. The 4:30 p.m. & 5:30 p.m. classes are running as usual.
Saturday, May 28th
– The 9:00 and 10:00 a.m. classes are CANCELLED. The 11:00 a.m. Intro is also CANCELLED.
However, for those who are interested, there will be a group of Zoners getting together to enjoy the great outdoors and head out for a hike! For those who want to ride their bikes out to the hike, meet at 10:00 a.m. at the gym and you can pedal en masse. If you want to hang with the gang and would like to carpool, meet at the Zone at 11:30 a.m. (The doors will be locked, so don’t plan on leaving anything at the gym!) From there, people can drive out to Thetis together. (If you’re wanting to car pool, don’t forget to post to the blog comments that you need to arrange rides!) Or, if you’d rather meet everyone there, be at the main beach of Thetis at 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 29th
– The 11:30 a.m. CrossFit Teens class will be CANCELLED. There will also be NO Open Gym time.
** And for the last order of business today: we want to encourage people to start a discussion in the comments section if they plan on going over to cheer their loudest at the Regionals in Vancouver this weekend. Let us know when you’re going to head out, and perhaps we can get a good carpool going! Heather C. is buzzing over for the day on Friday, and is looking for people to come with her. Start the chatter, folks! **
Buy-in: Javelin Press – 4 sets of 6 reps per arm
- · Try to press strictly – i.e. no leg drive
- · Work your weaker arm first
- · Make sure you have LOTS of room around you
WOD: Tabata Something New
Tabata intervals are brilliant – short, intense, and incredibly effective at providing fast increases in fitness. “TSN” is just another variant of a long line of Tabata series that I’ve adapted for our gang. Enjoy!
Complete a full 8 consecutive Tabata rounds of the following exercises:
- · Air Squat
- · Situps
- · Pushups (hand release at bottom)
- · Double Unders
- · Complete all 8 rounds for each exercise before moving on
- · 2 minute break between exercises
- · Low score for each exercise combined is your score
Zone 3: Consider scaling to 6 rounds per exercise
Zone 2: scale to 4 rounds per exercise, scale movements as needed (single skips divided by 2 for du’s)
Zone 1: scale as needed
Cash-Out: Easy block run as a group