The Amazing Cameron Family has invited the Zone crew to their cabin on Lake Cowichan this coming Saturday, August 20th for a fun WOD, BBQ and sunny lake day! Come up and join them for a great day on the water with all of your Zone friends.
Here are the details:
– The fun starts Saturday, August 20 at 11:00am.
-Bring your partner, friend or children and come and have some fun on the water. There will be some fun water WODs for those who are brave enough, some water sports, tubing, and just general fun in the sun.
– The BBQ will start around 6:00 pm. The Camerons will provide the meat, so just bring a salad, appy or snack to share.
– Don’t forget your sunscreen, swimsuit and workout clothes, hiking/running shoes (there’s a 1.5hr hike close by, if anyone is interested)
-If you plan on drinking then bring a sleeping bag and toothbrush. The Camerons have spare beds and lots of floor space.
Please post to comments if you plan on coming! Let us know if you will need a ride, how long you are staying, or if you have room to take anyone in your car.
And remember to sign up in the office! As usual, we’re hoping to get some car pools going once we have an idea of numbers. After everyone has signed up and RSVP’d, we will send out the directions and any further details.
Make a plan to be there, because the forecast looks GREAT for next weekend!
Buy-in: Warm up prior to class with some pvc overhead squats, kettlebell swings, and double crunch
WOD: BASE 1
This WOD is designed to help you build a base of volume work at a submaximal effort. This will help you do strength work further down the road by creating a solid platform of volume from which to add intensity. Please scale appropriately so that all sets are smooth and no sets are taken close to failure.
- You will rotate through the exercises in order, doing 1 set then moving on to the next exercise.
- You will have 45 seconds to complete 10 reps (i.e. lots of time) and then 45 seconds switching time to the next exercise.
- 5 total rounds, not for time or load
- Expect the first round to be fairly easy and the last round to be quite hard
5 rounds, not for time:
- Back Squat 10 reps @ 85-95/135-155
- DB Shoulder Press 10 reps @ 20-25/40-55
- Pullups (strict) 10 reps – add weight if needed
- As a general rule, the squat weight should not be higher than 60% of your 1RM
Zone 3 – scale to 65-75/95-115, 15/35
Zone 2 – scale to 55/75, scale DB shoulder press and pullups as needed, consider 3 rounds
Zone 1 – scale as needed
Cash-Out: Tabata Wallballs – 1 full Tabata sequence of wallballs