Saturday was Spidey and T-Bops’ last workout at the Zone. We made a special WOD for them, called “Moving Day”. There were 3 teams that had to lift an accumulated total of 80,000 lbs from ground to overhead. However, only 2 team members could lift at the same time! They were allowed to do any lift they wanted to: meaning they could snatch, clean and jerk, or deadlift, clean / thruster. It was pretty interesting how each member split up the weight. Some team members went with light weight and high reps and others went with high weight and less reps. The overall goal was to find the most efficient way to get the weight from ground to overhead. Check out the video below of the workout. Thanks for putting it together Justin!
Reminder: The baseline for the Kelly Challenge is next weekend, Saturday February 13th starting at 9:00am. Please notice the time has changed from 10:00am to 9:00am.
Buy In – Technique for tire flips and sledgehammer (you have to try both ways!!!)
WOD – “Odd Objects”
2 rounds of 60 seconds work, 60 seconds rest for maximum total repetitions of the following exercises:
- tire flips
- floor to overhead (guys) or shoulder (girls) with water ball – NO DROPS!
- zercher squats with water pipe – pipe held in the crook of your elbows in front of the body (Rx for girls and guys is the big white one)
- sledgehammer tire hits (sledge must go behind body each swing)
- medicine ball turkish get up (14/20 is Rx), alternating arms, bottom to bottom, drop = missed rep
- javelin press (35/45) switch arms at 30 s mark
Zone 2: scale medball get-ups to 10/14, javelin press to 25/35
Zone 1: scale as needed
Cash Out – clean up the equipment!
Rest or recovery run (5K to 8K)
Please post in the comments when and where you are doing your run if you would like people to join you!
100 Day Burpee Challenge:
Burpees today: 67